Tribal Forces Code of Conduct
Tribal Forces is dedicated to providing a harassment-free convention experience for everyone, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion (or lack thereof), or simple difference of opinion. We will not tolerate harassment of convention participants in any form. Offensive language directed at any convention participant is not appropriate in any convention venue, including talks, parties, Twitter, and other online media. Convention participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the ConComm.
The diversity of the Tribal Forces community is one of the things that makes us who we are. This diversity can also lead to disagreements and general unhappiness. To this end, we have a few “ground rules” that we ask everyone comply with; these rules apply equally to founders, the ConComm, and attendees.
Be friendly and patient
- Be welcoming
- Be considerate
- Be respectful
- Be careful in the words that you choose; none of the following are permitted and may result in action being taken:
- Violent threats or language against another person
- Discriminatory jokes and language
- Posting sexually explicit or violent materials
- Posting (or threatening to post) other peoples personally identifying information
- Personal insults, especially those using offensive terms
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
- Repeated harassment of others; in general, if someone asks you to stop, then stop
- When we disagree, try to understand why
We expect participants to follow these rules at all Tribal Forces events.
In other words, Be excellent to each other!
Exception: Discussion of or images related to sex, pornography, discriminatory language, or similar is welcome if it meets all of the following criteria: (a) it is necessary to the topic of discussion and no alternative exists, (b) it is presented in a respectful manner, especially towards women and LGBTQIA people, and (c) attendees are warned in advance in the program and respectfully given ample warning and opportunity to leave beforehand. This exception specifically does not allow use of gratuitous sexual images as attention-getting devices or unnecessary examples.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the ConComm may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from Tribal Forces [with no refund].
If you are being harassed, or notice that someone else is being harassed by either a convention member or anyone at the hotel, please contact a member of the ConComm immediately.
ConComm members will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the convention. We value your attendance.